Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bud The Tide Pool Digger

This story is in the sequel. In the story, Bud was five months old. Notice looking at Bud now four years old you can tell how much he loves digging in the sand. When we get to the beach, I run down the stairs
and jump onto soft sand. Then I run into the water and jump in the tide pools because I'm the man. Mom loves our play time at the beach. We come here every day. My whole body goes under water. I just love this. Labs are water dogs. Jetta wades in like a girl for the ball; I charge in because I'm the man. I run into the water for fun. I chase dogs playing with me and never get afraid. Once when I was a puppy, a big mean old bad dog scared me, and then a big wave hit me and tumbled me around. I cried and ran to Mom. Now I am almost five months old, and I am the man at my beach. Today is a great beach day. Other dogs and their families are playing. Mom misses her son and grandchildren. She likes to see young families playing together. Jetta is playing ball with a nice family. She loves retrieving. It makes her happy. I follow a scent with my puppy nose, and then I dig and dig, fast, fast, fast. I dig up a bone. Mom likes me to dig here, but not in her yard. I pull on the bone. It’s connected to something big, and it smells terrific. Darn. Mom wants to walk, and I just want to chew my bone. Mom takes a few pictures of us playing on the beach. With the camera she stands close to my deep tide pool. When the tide comes in, a big wave knocks her flat on her face. Mom lies in the water and can't get up while the waves keep coming and coming. Jetta runs to Mom. I run to her, too. She needs me. Mom, I am here, right next to Jetta. Let me kiss you. The waves keep coming. What should I do? I watch what Jetta does. Mom says, "Jetta, stand." Jetta stands still and strong, so Mom can pull herself up. I kiss her. We all walk out of the water, Jetta helping her walk to the sand. Mom laughs and says, "Oh, Bud, that picture would have been so cute, but I lost my camera in the waves. Thank you for rescuing me, Jetta. Bud, thank you for trying to help, but you’re still too young for me to put all my weight on you. You’re the man.” I loved saving Mom with my big sister, Jetta. I love Mom, and she needs me. I'm now her man.

No comments:

Post a Comment