Friday, November 9, 2012

Surprise Birthday Trip

Yesterday was my birthday; yay I'm an old lady!  I started my day with my usual beach walk with Bud for two hours.  It was yet another beautiful Cayucos morning with the birds out and Bud playing in the sand.  Perfect for my birthday!

 I received a wonderful call from my son wishing me a happy birthday from him and his beautiful family.  I then went to an AA meeting to see my friends I love and headed to the Cal Poly pool.  As I was getting ready to climb into the pool, my back seized up on me to the point that I couldn't sit or stand upright.

So guess where I went next?  On a birthday Emergency Room trip to French Hospital! 

Here's the young and handsome Dr. Mcleod who took great care of me.  He's a dog owner and lover. He has a lab and a doberman.  Just like everyone else, he fell in love with Bud!

 
For fun, since I know how to make fun of myself, here's a photo of me making a silly face in between debilitating muscle spasms.  My hair is still all oiled up with coconut oil which I use to seal it before swimming.  This picture would be perfect for my dating profile, don't you think???:






Doctor's orders are that I lay low the next few weeks to let my body heal.  Let's see if I can sit still for more than 10 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment