Saturday, March 21, 2015

Meet Great Gatsby the Weimaraner (Often Called The Grey Ghosts)

Recently I saw a big gorgeous Weimaraner who was running and playing on the beach in Cayucos. I watched in awe because his front paw was not working, it was just flopping in the wind. I waved in recognition of this dog's spirit and my heart warmed for this dog. So when I was on the beach a week later I flagged the couple down the way I do when thrilled about dogs which is very often. They told me his sad story of riding in the back of a truck chained for safety, but something happened and the dog got thrown out of the truck and suffferd nerve damage on that paw.

I have a special place in my heart for Weimaraners, because I had one of my own in high school. It was a beautiful female Weimaraner named Misty. My mother and father always had Weimaraners. When I see these dogs, I stop and watch them in rememberance of my parent's dogs that I know and loved so well. (These dogs Hansel & Gretal are in my book.) They are silly, silly phenominal dogs. Great Gatsby will have to got through surgery for having his paw removed and I know he will recover well and one day I will see him run past me on the beach again. We wish him a speedy recovery.

Below is a picture of him and his liter mate.


No comments:

Post a Comment