Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Great Gasby ---Grey Ghost

For most of my life, I have been in total love with the breed of Weimaraners. Misty, was my first dog, when I was  in high school was she was beautiful and my best pal for many years. I bred her and she had one big pup. We named him he at adult age weight 90 pound, Solo he  killed and farm animals, like chickens and goats all the cats in the neighborhood but he was great with our family.
 One summer day, Solo ate 10 large steaks right off  a low  fire- barbecue grill !
This breed  is very smart and if not worked with will find themselves into mischief. The is bred is from Germany, at one time they were use for hunt bear and other large game. Weimaraners are hard wired to chase game and kill them. In the Cold War they  be at risk were use as scent dogs. With their  massive chest enables  to run for hours with no effort, they cause blout if feed too much at one time. These devoted dogs can have separation anxiety. They are wonderful  companions  are smart and loyal the are cautious with strangers. They have tons of energy but they really don't care about being outdoors--they want to be in your lap. The breed comes from Germany, they are Pointers and have the ability to carry prey in back to the hunter this is called Soft mouth. Mouth.These dogs were used to fight bears and other large animals. They were use as scent dogs in the cold war because they have a strong sense of smell.

 I first spotted Gasby three or four years ago on the beach walking on three legs with skin hanging down where his leg used to be. I stopped, and watched in amazement  at the this handsome Weimaraner, he walks with no effort but with dignity of a this powerful dog. Every time I saw his he was having fun, but very close with his people. Then I didn't see him for several weeks then he was back with no flapping skin.
One day Mark and Jackie stopped to visit and they told me Gasby's sad story. He was riding in the back of Mark's truck tether and an accident threw his could and because of day When Mark told me the story I saw the love the had for Gasby.This handsome dog has been in my home often. At home he steals food whenever possible and chases cats when he sees them. He is super strong, he loves to be with Jakcie and he will clime stairs to follower her from room to room.  Now Gasby is eight and he has hip problems but that does not slow him down. We have been on long walks and he is not tired.  One day when he was over visiting I looked down at my walker where I keep dog treats and the where were gone. I now he could not help himself he is a true, I know that he could NOT help himself. He is truly the Great Gazby.

No comments:

Post a Comment