Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Gracie Goes to Coast Vets to see Dr. Stack-Aguirre

A week a go I took Gracie to the vet for a check up. Part of owning a dog, you have to find the money to pay the vet bills. I knew she was unhappy about something related to her mouth. I knew she was trying to tell me something. I brought the paperwork that someone had left with her at a ranch where she was abandoned. I know she was very uncomfortable in her body. The first week I got her I gave her a good bath. I treated her with Front-line for fleas. She was digging, digging, still. I thought the fleas were gone. But when the vet got a flea comb out he got fleas off of her. I freaked out. The vet explained to me that she was infested with them. She had so many fleas they couldn't kill all the fleas. They recommended internal medicine for the fleas and a shot of cortisone for the itching. She was so good for the vet I couldn't believe it. He told me she is five years old. Her problem is inflamed gums. He told me she lost six teeth on the bottom from neglect. He recommended getting her teeth cleaned professionally. Poor Gracie was trying to tell me something she had irritated gums
and being eaten by fleas. Since that day she has been a different dog. She is calm, happy and not digging herself nuts. She is more loving than Bud but we don't tell Bud this. Bud is my best boy.Dr Stack-Aguiire is a wonderful Vet. We love our Coast Vets.

No comments:

Post a Comment